Monday, August 19, 2013

The Pool - Midtown ATL

I've been meaning to do this for a while - post my travel sketches. I imagine my posting schedule, like my sketches, will be sketchy at best.

The Pool - 5/31/12
This was the view from the breakroom window at my previous job, in the top floor of an office building in Midtown Atlanta. Having a breakroom was a wonderful addition; one could have lunch with a coworker, make some new friends, chat with people from other departments, or just get away from years of only eating lunch at the desk without actually taking a break from work. From the little counter, I loved the view of the pool at the W Midtown. My intent with this sketch was to capture the delightful and tantalizing view of the pool, with the green expanse of Piedmont Park in the background. What I ended up with was actually a more objective representation. Telling, no?

The W Midtown is a really pleasant place, but it's an old Sheraton, and yes, they actually painted the whole exterior of the building matte black. In Atlanta. I can't imagine what their summer electric bills must look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment